The Bishopswood curriculum foundations are the basis upon which we develop, deliver and progress all that we do at Bishopswood school. We have established six core principles that define our curriculum:
- All pupils will have access to purposeful community experiences
- All pupils’ communication opportunities (expressive and receptive) will be personalised, embedded and progressive
- All pupils will be encouraged to work as independently as possible
- All pupils will be confident in, and be given opportunities to, communicate how they feel
- All pupils will be as prepared as possible for the next stage of their lives
- All pupils will be as literate and numerate as possible.
The curriculum is delivered in 3 distinct yet fluid pathways: