PE and Sport Premium
Bishopswood School receive PE (physical education) and sport premium funding.
The Sports Premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. The funding can be used to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Swimming report 2021-22
No pupils within our Year 6 cohort (2021-22) met the national curriculum requirements to:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively (for example front crawl, back stroke and breaststroke)
- perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations.
Our reports on how we spent this funding in the past, the effect on our pupil's PE and sport participation and attainment and how we plan to spend this year's funding can be found below.